Scenes from Sunday


Ed Note: When you're done here, be sure to check out the 10 Things that Make me Happy over at Sacramento Street!

Hello from London, week two! I can’t believe how fast time has passed, and I’m drowning in pictures and cool products and artists I want to share. I thought I would start by sharing a few snippets from my Sunday.

I kicked off the day by grabbing a little brunch with the talented and lovely designer Heather Jenkinson at Albion, in hipster-y Shoreditch.

We both loved the modern English country kitchen feel, the gorgeous task and pendant lights throughout and the comforting sense of abundance you get from rows and rows of uniformly chic jellies and jams that line the front of the café. The food and the service...not so much love there.

Fortunately, the conversation more than made up for it, and we made a quick stop into Caravan around the corner. At Caravan, you get the feeling that you’re raiding your grandma’s attic for treasures…and your grandma is really, really cool. Vintage glassware, quirky ephemera, Jielde lamps, Deborah Bowness wallpapers and these fantastic silver roses that I’ve never seen anywhere else before.


Afterward, I set out with every intention to go to the Tate Modern, but was foiled by the heinous weekend public transportation and my complete lack of any sense of direction. Human compass I am not. Fortunately, my failed attempt to get to the museum took me on one of those fun and random wanders where you end up seeing important landmarks you hadn’t actually intended to, and come across unexpected surprises. One of my favorite discoveries was the Christ Church Greyfriars’ garden, built on top of the ruins where part of the church was destroyed in World War II.

So those are the highlights! As much fun as I’m having, I do miss DC a ton. What did you guys do this weekend?