The 2009 Georgetown French Market

(A Mano)

So I finally am getting up a post about the Georgetown French Market. I had a great time meeting some of the shop owners in Book Hill ( in particular, the folks at Oliver Dunn were incredibly nice), and there were so many great deals to be had. I bought a small, pastoral oil painting at Susan Calloway, and really, really wanted to pick up this great cream and brown Nautilus tray at Rooms with a View, but decided to save that for another day.

In addition to the deals, accordion players were out and there was lots of delicious free food to be had. But honestly, I think the best thing about the French Market is accessibility. As much as I love home design, I often feel intimidated when I walk into these shops. I can't afford to buy much, and there's always that awkward "your the only person in here" feeling. The French Market is a great opportunity to browse these stores, and get a feel for each one's aesthetic and price range. My new favories? Oliver Dunn, A Mano and the very cute Rooms with a View. More to come on those soon.

(Christian Platt/Susan Calloway)

(Christian Platt/Susan Calloway)


(Oliver Dunn?)
(A Mano)