A Condo-sized Kitchen

My boyfriend and I just dipped our toes into the condo-shopping market today, and my head is already spinning. I am a hopeless right-brain thinker...numbers, and interest rates and condo fees do not sit well with me.

What I was able to figure out was that we are going to have to do a ton of renovating in order to get a decent-sized apartment here in the West End, one of my favorite areas in DC. Of course, my imagination totally runs away from me and I'm picturing how amazing it would be to live in an apartment designed by me -- herringbone wood floors, a spacious walk-in shower and of course I kitchen with more than 2 square feet of counter space (which is what I'm currently working with).

Of course, I haven't given a single thought to how much money all of these things would cost, nightmares with contractors and lots of other ugly little surprises.

But for right now, I'm just going to dream about the perfect condo-sized kitchen. Some of my inspiration shots below.